Youth Athletic Program
The Palos Heights Parks and Recreation Department offers year round athletic programs for boys and girls age 3 and older. These programs include:
- A Basketball League for 1st through 8th Graders
- Indoor Soccer
- Numerous Camps and Classes in a Variety of Sports
- T-Ball and Coach Pitch Leagues
In summary, the Palos Heights Parks and Recreation Department will promote the philosophy of Positive Coaching Alliance for Youth Sports: "Better Athletes, Better People."
- Youth Basketball league
- Volunteer Coaches
- Sport League Seasons
- Concussion Information
- Kindergarten Basketball
We use volunteer coaches for many programs throughout the year. These coaches are unpaid and do this job to give back to their community and children. We work with the coaches to give them the tools to help each individual participant reach their many goals.
Palos Heights Parks and Recreation partners up with many companies who specialize in youth athletic such as:
- All Star Sports Instruction
- Challenger British Soccer
- Chicago White Sox/Bulls Training Academy
- Silver Lake Country Club
- T-USA Martial Arts
Become a Volunteer Coach
For information on becoming a volunteer coach please call Erin Sloyan at 708-361-1807.
- Basketball (January to March)
- Indoor Soccer (September to November)
- Junior T-Ball, T-Ball and Coach Pitch (May to June)
- Volleyball (October to November)
The Palos Heights Parks and Recreation Department takes head injuries very serious. We strive to educate our volunteer coaches, parents, and participants whenever possible. As a parent of a child who plays youth sports please take few minutes to familiarize yourself with current information on concussions from the Center for Disease Control's Heads Up website.