Palos Heights Police Department
Starting Salary: $69,735.12 - $104,679.00
Total Sworn Officers: 28
The City of Palos Heights Board of Fire and Police Commission is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer with the Palos Heights Police Department.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Palos Heights Board of Fire and Police Commission:
- United States citizenship;
- Must be between the ages of 21 and 34 by the date of the written examination (July 25, 2020) unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Illinois State Statute Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner’s Act;
- No felony convictions and must be of good moral character; (Note: A misdemeanor or felony conviction does not constitute automatic bar from employment. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstance, and the relevance of the offense to the position applied for, may however, be considered in assessing qualifications for employment. Applicants may be requested to provide additional information regarding criminal convictions to assist the Village in evaluating qualifications for employment in the position sought). The applicant understands that the City is not requesting, nor should the applicant disclose expunged juvenile records of adjudication or arrest;
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license;
- Possess either an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or related field -OR- a Bachelor’s Degree in any field;
- Successfully pass a written examination, background investigation, oral interview with the Board of Fire and Police Commission, polygraph, medical evaluation (to include drug and alcohol screening), psychological evaluation, and physical ability testing (P.O.W.E.R. Test);
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Applications must be submitted online by Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 4:00 PM;
- Successful applicants will be invited to participate in remote on-line written exam testing on Saturday, July 25, 2020 (test will be available between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM). Candidates will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information,
please visit the following website:
The City of Palos Heights provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.